J. Adam Carter | Research Page
- My book Epistemology in the Supbersonal Vale (w/ R. Rupert) is now forthcoming with Oxford University Press, USA.
- My book A Telic Theory of Trust is now forthcoming with Oxford University Press, UK.
- My book Stratified Virtue Epistemology: A Defence is forthcoming with Cambridge University Press, Epistemology Elements series.
- I am PI on a 3-year AHRC research grant Digital Knowledge: A New Framework for Digital Epistemic Virtues (the Co-I is Jesper Kallestrup, Aberdeen) (£980,602.20) The project runs from September 2022 - September 2025 and includes two postdocs and a PhD student.
- I am Co-I on a 4-year AHRC research grant "Expanding Autonomy: Scaffolded, Embedded and Distributed” (£974,052.08) (the PI is Neil Levy, Oxford). The project runs from September 2022 - September 2026 and will include two postdocs.
- My book Autonomous Knowledge: Radical Enhancement, Autonomy, and the Future of Knowing, is now published with Oxford University Press. (available from February 2022). (Reviewed at NDPR here).
- "De Minimis Normativism: A New Theory of Full Aptness" has been awarded the 2019 Philosophical Quarterly Essay Prize.
- Chris Kelp, Mona Simion and I have been awarded a Leverhulme research grant for our project A Virtue Epistemology Trust (2020-2023) hosted at COGITO - details here.